Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Outlining and Student Praise

This last few weeks, I have been busy writing cover letters, rewriting my resume, and working on supplemental questionnaire. I was applying for two full-time positions with health insurance. These last few weeks, I felt my lectures were unsatisfactory. I was not preparing as usual, so I was surprised that a student in macroeconomics came up and asked me if I would be teaching microeconomics next semester.
I said "yes" and made a joke "Are you sure you want to take me again?"
She replied "You are a good teacher. I like the way you explain things."
I said "Thank you"
She said "You do a great job outlining the reading and telling us what to look for( in the reading)"
I had never thought of what I do as outlining their reading but that is a good way to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment